How We Can Help You.
As highly knowledgeable Michigan personal injury and family law attorneys, we relentlessly pursue the protection of our clients’ rights.
Addressing family law issues is challenging, whether you’ve anticipated this outcome for years or you’ve been blindsided. While you may have a long road of healing ahead of you, you can empower yourself with the help of an experienced Southfield family law attorney.
We have the knowledge, expertise, and commitment necessary to help our clients in the following areas: view all
Top Southfield Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have suffered a personal injury accident, the Southfield injury lawyers at The Lobb Law Firm can help you. We handle the following personal injury claims in Michigan:
- Car accidents—Car accidents happen every day and are the top cause of personal injury accidents. Those involved in a car accident as a result of the negligence of another can be left with serious injuries, unable to force an insurance company to pay for those injuries. Compassionate, experienced attorneys from The Lobb Law Firm will go head to head with insurance companies who are unwilling to offer a fair settlement.
- Motorcycle accidents—Motorcycle accidents typically result in very serious injuries to the motorcyclist, leaving him or her injured and possibly unable to work and make a living. There can be certain biases on the part of a jury toward motorcyclists, believing they are reckless. A knowledgeable Southfield injury lawyer from The Lobb Law Firm understands this and can successfully combat such misconceptions.
- Truck accidents—When a smaller passenger vehicle is hit by a large commercial truck, the resulting injuries are likely to be severe—or even fatal. Those who survive a truck accident may require lengthy recovery periods and be forced to undergo numerous medical and surgical procedures. Assigning liability in a truck accident can also be complex, requiring a highly experienced Michigan personal injury attorney from The Lobb Law Firm.
- Pedestrian accidents—When an unprotected pedestrian is struck by a vehicle, he or she is likely to receive catastrophic injuries. It can be difficult to obtain the compensation needed to recover from such injuries. The Lobb Law Firm will fight aggressively to help victims of pedestrian accidents receive the compensation they are entitled to receive.
- Bicycle accidents—Like pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents can leave the victim severely injured and unable to work and make a living. A compassionate personal injury attorney from The Lobb Law Firm will help bicycle accident victims get back on their feet (or their wheels!) and move forward in their life.
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents—A slip and fall accident can result in soft tissue injuries, or more severe injuries to bones, the spinal cord, or the brain. At The Lobb Law Firm, our attorneys have the expertise to thoroughly investigate your slip and fall accident, helping you obtain the justice you deserve.
- Dog bites—When a dog attacks a person, there can be a considerable level of trauma to the victim. Victims of dog bites are often small children and can be left with severe facial lacerations which can cause permanent disfigurement. The attorneys at The Lobb Law Firm can help ensure a more positive outcome following a dog bite.
- Premises liability claims occur when a person has an accident on public property, due to an unsafe or hazardous condition. The owner or manager of a property has a responsibility to either correct a dangerous condition or, at the very least, place a sign which warns of the condition. If there is no warning of a dangerous condition and an accident with injuries occurs, it is important to speak to an experienced Southfield injury lawyer from The Lobb Law Firm.
Because Attorney Cherie Lobb knows what it’s like to be underestimated, she is a strong voice for those who have suffered as a result of the negligence of others. Cherie will aggressively fight insurance companies who refuse to rightfully compensate her clients and will always be an advocate for those who feel they do not have a voice. Cherie Lobb—and the entire Lobb Law Firm—will work tirelessly to fully understand the depth of your struggles, exhaustively investigating every aspect of your claim. This level of intersectional understanding gives Cherie the additional tools necessary to fight for your rights and protect your future.
As we help you overcome the struggles associated with your Michigan personal injury, you will quickly come to trust us, as you will see we will always do what is best for you and your family members. We handle many cases out of Detroit, Southfield, Sterling Heights, and Dearborn Heights, however if you or a loved one are anywhere in Wayne County, Macomb County, or Oakland County, and have suffered an accident resulting in a personal injury or a wrongful death, contact The Lobb Law Firm today.
Top Southfield Family Law Attorneys
As we work through this process, we will help you make the difficult decisions regarding child custody, division of property, division of debt, child support, and spousal support. We recognize that the emotional fallout from divorce can complicate an already stressful time. That’s why we’re committed to supporting you as you take the first steps toward the next chapter of your life.
- Divorce—the decision to divorce is never an easy one. But in many situations, it’s the only way to get a fresh start and move on from a painful marriage. There’s a lot to consider when you and your spouse begin the divorce process, and no matter how committed you are to working together to navigate the process, it is always helpful for each party to have a Southfield divorce attorney.
- Uncontested Divorce—Divorce is substantially less expensive, time-consuming, and emotionally demanding when both parties are willing to work together to end their marriage swiftly and fairly. For many Michigan couples, an uncontested divorce is the best solution. For an uncontested divorce to be successful, the terms must be fair. Hiring an attorney helps you ensure that the terms are fair to you and that everything is filed appropriately. Divorce doesn’t have to be full of confrontation. If you just want to end the marriage and move forward without unnecessary conflict, an uncontested divorce could be the right choice for you.
- Child Custody—Whether you are getting divorced and you’re trying to figure out a fair custody agreement or you’re navigating custody as an unmarried parent, when it comes to kids, there is a lot at stake. Michigan favors joint custody agreements that allow children to spend meaningful time with each parent. However, there are many ways to accomplish this. From physical and legal custody to developing comprehensive parenting time schedules, we can help you iron out the details of your custody case. Throughout the process, we will be committed to doing what’s best for you and for your children.
- Child Support—Every child has the right to be supported by both parents. Child support arrangements in Michigan strive to meet this goal and ensure that children have what they need to grow. Perhaps you are a custodial parent interested in seeking child support on behalf of your child, or maybe you’re curious about your rights and obligations as a non-custodial parent. The team at The Lobb Law Firm is here to help you through this process. We’ll discuss child support calculations in Michigan. If you believe you are entitled to child support, we’ll explain how you may be able to receive payments. If you have to pay child support, we will help you choose a way to have child support withheld and distributed. We can also assist in child support modification cases.
- Spousal Support—When one party gives up career advancement or educational opportunities to support the family at home or assist their spouse in reaching their career goals, they may be entitled to spousal support when the marriage ends. If you’ve spent your adult years building your spouse’s career and taking care of children, we can help you figure out how you will transition to life on your own with spousal support. If you are your family’s primary breadwinner and you wonder if you will have to pay spousal support, we will fight aggressively to ensure that you are treated fairly during divorce proceedings.
Choose The Lobb Law Firm for Effective and Empathetic Representation
You don’t have to face family changes alone, and you shouldn’t be expected to navigate the complex legal system on your own. We’re here to help. Call The Lobb Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation with our team. We look forward to helping you explore your options and begin planning for your future.