What is Personal Injury Law?
The Lobb Law Firm defines personal injury law as those cases which involve an injury caused by another person who exhibited negligence or carelessness and is now liable for the damages. Many personal injury claims involve auto accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, medical malpractice, and wrongful death. When a personal injury claim is filed, the fault of the responsible party must be proven.
Many people assume that personal injury lawsuits are largely frivolous, filed by those looking for an “easy buck.” This is actually far from the truth. About 80 percent of those injured due to another’s negligence did not even consider trying to obtain compensation for their injuries. Only about 10 percent of those injured took definitive action to obtain compensation through a personal injury claim.
Those injured in an automobile accident are the most likely to consider a personal injury claim, even when injuries from other types of accidents are severe. While about 60 percent of those who sustain a moderate to severe injury from an automobile accident will consult an attorney, only about 3 percent who are moderately to severely injured in another type of accident will consult an attorney. In the end, the myth of frivolous lawsuits is little more than big businesses attempting to persuade Americans to give up their rights.
The experienced attorneys from The Lobb Law Firm will help you prove the responsible party was negligent—that a reasonable person would have acted differently under the same circumstances. When a court clearly sees the validity of the personal injury claim, the defendant is forced to compensate you for your injuries as well as other damages caused by the careless behavior. The attorneys at The Lobb Law Firm provide peace of mind to our clients because we truly care more about helping them overcome the traumatic aftermath of their personal injury than our financial bottom line.
Personal Injury Facts
The CDC reports that in 2017, unintentional injury deaths were the third leading cause of death in the United States. Automobile accident deaths and slip and fall deaths are the top two leading causes of unintentional deaths and are among the top triggers of personal injury claims. Since few personal injury claims actually go to trial, it is imperative that you have a personal injury attorney who is not only an aggressive litigator but is also a highly skilled negotiator. Only about five percent of all personal injury claims in the U.S. will go to trial, with the remainder being settled prior to trial.
The highly skilled Southfield injury lawyers at The Lobb Law Firm believe in empowering our clients through a larger recovery, placing them in a better financial position than if they had worked with a different firm. We understand that the financial aspect of our clients’ recovery deeply impacts their lives moving forward. While financial compensation certainly does not heal all wounds, it can have a positive impact on overall recovery and the ability to move forward following the accident.
Which Accident Injuries Could Benefit from a Top Injury Lawyer in Southfield?
While there are certain situations where you could possibly “get by” without speaking to a personal injury attorney (or an automobile accident attorney, a medical malpractice attorney, a wrongful death lawyer, or a slip and fall attorney), these situations are rare. If you are involved in an accident where there is no question regarding fault, and your medical bills are less than $2,000, then you could potentially handle the situation on your own. Few accidents, however, will fall into this category. Some of the most critical situations requiring a top injury lawyer in Southfield might include:
- Any auto accident which caused serious injury and was directly related to negligence on the part of the other driver. If the actions of the person responsible for your accident were careless or negligent, you can seek compensation for your injuries. This includes motorcycle accidents, large truck accidents, bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents.
- Catastrophic injuries received due to negligence on the part of an individual or corporation. Life-changing injuries or death resulting from a major accident due to negligence definitely need the experience and knowledge of a personal injury attorney.
- Defective product injuries, such as defective brakes on a car. Defective brakes, airbags which fail to deploy, faulty tires or a whole host of other injuries caused by a defective product are situations which should always be referred to a personal injury attorney.
- Construction site accidents with resulting injuries. Construction site accidents may have more than one defendant, depending on the cause of the accident and can result in severe injury or even death.
- Workplace or public place slip and falls. While most workplace injuries will likely qualify for Worker’s Compensation, under certain circumstances a personal injury suit may be warranted. Accidents in public places due to negligence on the part of the owner/company will require a personal injury attorney as well.
- Faulty medical device or dangerous drug injuries. Cases involving defective or dangerous drugs and medical devices can be very complex and will almost always require a personal injury attorney to sort out and deal with those complexities as well as ensuring that all statutes of limitations are met.
In short, if you have suffered one of the following types of personal injury accidents, The Lobb Law Firm can help:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Dog bites, or
- Premises liability claims.
You deserve time to heal while your Southfield injury lawyers handle the complexities and details of your personal injury claim.
How Can a Michigan Personal Injury Attorney Help You?
Most of us are far removed from the legal system, meaning we are unfamiliar with how it works, as well as unprepared for the time limits and level of paperwork required for a personal injury claim. It is normal to feel vulnerable, anxious, stressed, and frustrated following a Michigan accident resulting in injury. An experienced personal injury attorney from The Lobb Law Firm will:
- Always make it a priority to protect your rights and your future;
- Ensure you receive an equitable settlement;
- Deal with insurance companies on your behalf;
- Provide peace of mind during this chaotic time;
- Ensure you receive the medical treatments you need, and
- Fight any injustices associated with your accident.
Life is unpredictable; one minute you could be on your way home from work, wondering what you will have for dinner, and in the next moment you could find yourself injured, due to the negligence of another, with your life altered in many ways. Remember—you have rights, and one of those rights is the right to hold the negligent party accountable with the help of a personal injury attorney.
The Lobb Law Firm will help you do that—our legal team will fight aggressively for your rights. With more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law, we have a vast network to aid in the recovery of our clients. The Lobb Law Firm genuinely cares about each and every client—come in, and we will treat you like family, working hard to ensure a better future for you and your loved ones.
We handle many cases out of Detroit, Southfield, Sterling Heights, and Dearborn Heights, however if you or a loved one are anywhere in Wayne County, Macomb County, or Oakland County, and have suffered a personal injury or a wrongful death, contact The Lobb Law Firm today for a free consultation.